Abi and Roz love illustrating your pets. Have your cat, dog, rabbit or bird in their natural beauty or we can dress them in an outfit.
No suggestion is too outlandish, from Sherlock Holmes outfit, to a cat as a dentist, a dog in a football top and a parrot in a Hawaiian shirt.
No pattern too difficult, from ditsy print dresses to punk leather jackets. Each painting will be a 100% original, painted in watercolour and inks.
We work from ONE photo of your pet.
PLEASE NOTE THE INKY/SKETCHY WATERCOLOURS ARE AN ARTIST’S IMPRESSION. IF YOU REQUIRE A MORE DETAILED PORTRAIT, CHOOSE ONE OF THE OTHER STYLES FROM £175. PHOTOS ON THE WEBSITE ARE ALL EXAMPLES AND EVERY PORTRAIT IS DIFFERENT AS IT IS PAINTED BY HAND IN WATERCOLOUR AND INKS. WE WILL PAINT ANY ANIMAL IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A DOG OR CAT.
- Each comes in a white mount.
- It is painted at the bottom of the page with white space above it and to the sides.
- Abi works from ONE photo of your pet. The better the photo, the better the portrait.
- If you require something different, we are happy to accommodate but any added extras will cost more, so please email us for a quote.
- Each portrait comes unframed, but is sized to fit in standard Imperial sized frames. Search ‘8” x 10” or “12 x 16” frames depending on which size you have ordered. Available in stores with big homewares sections or invest in a professional frame.
- Take it in daylight.
- Kneel or lie down to take it so your pet is at your eye level and you are eye to eye.
- Ideally your picture needs to be taken face on, so facing square to the camera and Abi can see all their features clearly.
- We work from ONE photo, so if you feel this doesn’t show your pet in all it’s gorgeous glory, it’s not the one we want!
Each commission is different but here is a guide:
- From £45 sketchy portrait in black and white, with collar, bandana, neck scarf or top; painted at the bottom of the page with white space above it and to the sides to fit a 8” x 10” mount. These portraits are done in a sketchy style and are much smaller and less detailed than the larger ‘12 x 16” ones. They are the perfect price point for gifts.
- From £60 sketchy portrait in colour, with collar, bandana, neck scarf or top; painted at the bottom of the page with white space above it and to the sides to fit a 8” x 10” mount. These portraits are done in a sketchy style and are much smaller and less detailed than the larger 12” x 16” ones.
- From £175 black and white only portraits. Painted in detail at the bottom of the page with white space above it and to the sides and to fit a 12” x 16” mount.
- From £225 black and white animal with coloured clothes. Painted in detail at the bottom of the page with white space above it and to the sides and to fit a 12” x 16” mount.
- From £400 for full colour portraits. Please email us if you would like to order a full colour portrait.
We ever say no, so show us your pet, we will do anything from mouse to tiger!
Select the number of pets you want painted. WE CHARGE PER ANIMAL, so even if you want two pets on the same sheet it costs the same price as two individual portraits. This is because it is easier as far as composition to draw each pet separately and if we make a mistake on one, we have to start both again.
Once you have selected the type of portrait you want and ordered it, please email us email@example.com with the information we ask for the type of portrait.
We will email you back with an estimated time it will take to complete it. It will be sent 1st class signed for in the UK, but do allow extra time during the Christmas period and for delays due to postal strikes.
You can see more examples of our pet portraits on @tipperleyhill_pets and @tipperleyhill_illustration.