Pet portrait, black and white dog portrait with coloured shirt
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE THESE ARE ALL EXAMPLES AND EVERY PORTRAIT IS DIFFERENT AS IT IS PAINTED BY HAND IN WATERCOLOUR INKS. THE DOGS ARE PAINTED IN BLACK AND WHITE WATERCOLOUR WITH COLOURED SHIRTS. WE CAN PAINT ANY ANIMAL, IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE A DOG.
This style of dog portrait is fun and quirky and gives you the opportunity to dress up your dog in anything from your football team’s shirt, a Liberty floral blouse, a favourite top you have always worn to military regalia. There is much more detail in them than the sketchy mini portraits as Abi and Roz spend longer painting them. They are larger than the sketchy ones. There is also a longer lead time as Abi paints the dog and posts it to Roz to add the colour.
- Each comes in a 12” x 16” mount.
- It is painted at the bottom of the page with white space above it and to the sides.
- Abi works from ONE photo of your dog. The better the photo, the better the portrait.
- If you require something different, we are happy to accommodate but any added extras will cost more, so please email us for a quote.
- It comes unframed, but is sized to fit in standard Imperial sized frames. Search ‘12” x 16” frames’ and there are lots available in stores with big homewares sections or invest in professional framing.
Tips to take a good photo for the best dog portrait
- Take it in daylight.
- Kneel or lie down to take it so your dog is at your eye level and you are eye to eye.
- Ideally your picture needs to be taken face on, so facing square to the camera and Abi can see all their features clearly.
- We work from ONE photo, so if you feel this doesn’t show your dog in all it’s gorgeous glory, it’s not the one we want!
How to order
Select the number of dogs you want painted. Each dog is £225. If you want two, it is £450, so you need to select two.
Then you need to email us email@example.com with the following information:
- One photo of your dog
- Whether you would like your dog’s name on it and if so what name?
- What sort of shirt (you might also send a photo or screen shot of this)
- What sort of colours? You can be very specific or leave it to us to choose.
- What sort of pattern? You can send us a photo or screen shot, or leave it us to choose.
- It comes unframed, but is sized to fit in standard Imperial sized frames. Search ‘12” x 16” frames’ and there are lots available in stores with big homewares sections or invest in professional framing
We will email you back with an estimated time it will take to complete it. It will be sent 1st class signed for in the UK, but do allow extra time during the Christmas period and for delays due to COVID. Royal Mail has been a lot slower than normal.
Thanks for your order. We love painting your dogs.